The Threat is Real! But Never Fear!
Garmin Varia Bike Radar is Near & Accidents will Disappear
The world's first cycling Radar
By warning cyclists of vehicles approaching from behind up to 153 yards (140 meters), Varia helps create a safer cycling environment. The radar tail light also warns approaching vehicles of a cyclist ahead. Works independently or integrates seamlessly with compatible Edge cycling computers, indicating the relative speed of approach and threat level.
- Alerts You to Vehicles Approaching from Behind
- World's first cycling radar that warns of vehicles approaching from behind up to 153 yards (140 meters)
- Works independently and wirelessly integrates with compatible Edge® cycling computers
- Edge computer or Varia head unit can detect multiple vehicles and indicates the relative speed of approach and threat level
- Tail light unit brightens and flashes to notify approaching traffic of a cyclist ahead
No More Fear. Accidents are going to Disappear
Getting Hit From Behind is Leading Cause of Cycling Fatalities in the World. The threat is real and near, that’s why getting some extra help knowing what’s sneaking up behind you is an important breakthrough for bike riders. Before making turns you already use caution and check over your shoulder, but Varia radar gives you an important device by watching behind you even when your eyes are on the road.
Smarter Bike Lights
Varia smart headlights and tail lights included, when paired with select Edge bike computers, these bike lights help to create safer riding conditions by adjusting the beam focus point according to a bike’s speed and matching brightness to changing light conditions.
|Dimensions||2.4” x 1.3” x 0.7” (60.0 x 34.0 x 19.0 mm); Tail light: 2.9” x 1.7” x 0.9" (73.0 x 44.0 x 23.0 mm)|
|Weight||Radar display unit: 1.0 oz (28.5 g); Tail light: 2.2 oz (63.5 g)|
|Features||Lumens: 16, Modes: solid, flashing|
|Type Battery||Rechargeable lithium-ion|
|Battery lifetime||Up to 5 hours|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.